среда, 29 февраля 2012 г.
FED:News Diary for Thursday, Feb 17
AAP General News (Australia)
FED:News Diary for Thursday, Feb 17
Good Evening News Editors and Chiefs of Staff
Here is AAP's preliminary newslist for Thursday (not for publication).
This is a guide only and stories, local times and locations are subject to change. In
some cases times and locations may not be available. Story coverage is subject to staffing.
- Michael Quinlivan, jailed for at least six years over the so called house of horrors
child abuse case will seek leave to appeal against his conviction.
- SA coroner to rule on the death of Derrick Terence Wanganeen who was killed when he
was thrown from a stolen car he was driving not long after police abandoned a high-speed
- Third day of first week of Queensland Parliament for 2011.
- Rick Hansen, a world-renowned Paralympic athlete and one of the final torch bearers
at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, is visiting Brisbane State High School. (0930)
- Brisbane Lord Mayor to thank Salvos and launch Salvos stores Shopping with a Conscience
- Law Enforcement (Adequacy of aviation and maritime security measures to combat serious
and organised crime), Parliament House. (0915)
- Land use forum hosted by independent MP Rob Oakeshott, Parliament House. (1200)
- Cyclone watch
- Trial continues for Judy Moran who is charged with the murder of her brother-in-law
Des Moran. 1000
- Trial continues for a Victorian woman charged with murdering her husband after he allegedly
made constant demands for kinky sex. 1000
- Western Australian parliament sits.
- People's watchdog Choice and the Australia Institute to launch a report on high ATM
fees entitled "The price of disloyalty: Why competition has failed to lower ATM fees".
0900. Outside RBA, Martin Place.
- Final submissions at Helen Liu v The Age and Fairfax journalists, applying for orders
to reveal their sources, Supreme Court.1000
- Hearing Flight Centre v Janice Louw - a complaint over a holiday/accommodation deal.
Supreme COurt 1000.
- ICAC public inquiry concerning alleged fraud from hospital funds continues. 1000.
- Judgment Bat Advocacy NSW v minister for environment protection - 1200 Federal Court.
- NSW Farmers Association to release its key priorities for the upcoming state election,
with NSW Farmers' Association president Charles Armstrong available for comment. 1230
University of New England, Armidale.
JAKARTA The trial of Australian Michael Sacatides on drug smuggling charges is set to
resume in the Denpasar District Court on Thursday. (approx 1700 AEDT)
Sydney - RBA assistant governor (economic) Philip Lowe to deliver speech to Committee
for Economic Development of Australia, NSW Economic and Political Overview 2011
Sydney - AMP Ltd full year results
Sydney - ASX Ltd first half results
Sydney - Qantas Airways Ltd first half results
Sydney - PMP Ltd first half result
Sydney - Prime Media Group first half results
Sydney - Lend Lease Group first half results
Sydney - Macquarie Radio first half results
Sydney - ConnectEast Group first half results
Brisbane - Suncorp Group Ltd chief executive Patrick Snowball to address British Chamber
of Commerce in Australia executive luncheon
Adelaide - Santos Ltd full year results
Perth - Wesfarmers Ltd first half results
Sydney - Westpac chief executive Gail kelly keynote speaker at CEDA event on Economic
and Political Overview 2011
SYDNEY - Doctor Zhivago media call. Noon.
AHMEDABAD, India - News from Australian camp ahead of their World Cup title defence
starting v Zimbabwe on Monday.
DHAKA - Captains' pressers and opening ceremony for World Cup on Thursday evening AEDT
(pressers are on 2000 AEDT).
MELBOURNE - Preview Sheffield Shield match Victoria v NSW.
MELBOURNE/SYDNEY - Preview opening round Super Rugby match Melbourne Rebels v NSW Waratahs.
BRISBANE/SYDNEY - Preview panel for opening round of Super Rugby (Super Preview).
ADELAIDE - Preview first elimination final 3-Adelaide United v 6-Wellington Phoenix.
SYDNEY - Preview panel for the three matches in first week of A-League finals.
MELBOURNE - Preview NAB Cup first round clashes Essendon v Brisbane v St Kilda; media
conference with Bombers coach James Hird, 1115 Windy Hill.
MELBOURNE - Media conference with Western Bulldogs' Daniel Giansiracusa and North Melbourne's
Liam Anthony, 1200 AFL House.
SYDNEY - Preview trial match St George Illawarra v Bulldogs.
SYDNEY - NRL club chairmen's meeting.
LOS ANGELES - News from Aussies going into first round of US PGA Tour event in LA.
CHRISTCHURCH - First round of ALPG's NZ Women's Open
AUCKLAND - NBL top of table clash NZ Breakers v Perth, 1730AEDT
MELBOURNE - Preview of Saturday's Group One Lightning Stakes at Flemington.
SYDNEY - Looking at Saturday's Rosehill meeting.
BRISBANE - Throw forward to the Doomben program on Saturday.
KEYWORD: DIARY NEWS THURSDAY
� 2011 AAP Information Services Pty Limited (AAP) or its Licensors.