четверг, 1 марта 2012 г.

SA: Man found guilty of manslaughter in double killing

00-00-0000
SA: Man found guilty of manslaughter in double killing

ADELAIDE, April 5 AAP - A man involved in a double killing which the Crown describedas a planned assassination was today found guilty of manslaughter but not guilty of murder.

A South Australian Supreme Court jury returned the verdict on Natale Attilio Zappia,24, a court spokeswoman said.

The jury found Zappia had been involved in the killings of pimp Faraz Rasti, 22 andhis teenage girlfriend Rhiannon Ellul, 16, at a city apartment in April, 2000.

During Zappia's trial, the Crown alleged he had gone to the apartment at about 1am(CST) on April 3 in the company of another person.

Their intention was to recover a mobile phone taken by Mr Rasti.

The Crown said while Zappia had not pulled the trigger he had planned the attack, andargued he was guilty of murder through joint enterprise.

Prosecutor Trish Kelly said Mr Rasti had been shot twice - in the neck and in the eye- while Ms Ellul had been shot once in the forehead, probably with a .22 calibre rifle.

"The Crown case is this was, in effect, a planned assassination," Ms Kelly said inher opening address.

The Crown alleged Mr Rasti had been the target of the attack while Ms Ellul had beenkilled because she was a witness.

Zappia was expected to be sentenced at a later date.

AAP tjd/dl/de

KEYWORD: ZAPPIA

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий